lana caprina

Thursday, April 28, 2005

Começos... (12)

Blazing light and warmth, undifferentiated and experiencing themselves. There! I've done it! The best I can, that is. Memory. A memory before memory? But there was no time, not even implied. So how could it be before or after, seeing that it was unlike anything else, separate, distinct, a one-off. No words, no time, not even I, ego, since as I tried to say, the warmth and blazing light was experiencing itself, if you see what I mean. Of course you do! It was a quality of, a kind of naked being without time or sight (despite the blazing light) and nothing preceded it and nothing came after. It is detached from sucession, which means, I suppose, it may have happened at any point in my time - or out of it!

WILLIAM GOLDING, The Double Tongue [1993]

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home